17 February 2011

Psycho
















This movie is insane.

If you haven't already seen this Alfred Hitchcock masterpiece of suspense and terror, I suggest you pull on your socks and find a copy. Not only is it darkly edgy for the time, but it's frightening original story and simplistic but gripping shots keep it's viewers on the very edge of their seats. I think the last time I saw a film this good was Easter of last year, when I saw Citizen Kane for the first time.

And as if the style and cinematic genius of Hitchcock wasn't enough, the innocent cuteness of Anthony Perkins keeps you on his side right till the end. His quietly compelling performance is to be counted with the greats of horror cinema, not only for it's believability but also for it's perfectly subtle creepiness.

This is one of those perfect films that I discover only too rarely. As you can tell, I'm still swooning in it's wake. I recommend this film to anyone who appreciates film and cinema. You will not be disappointed!

No comments:

Post a Comment