10 March 2011

Laura eats meat.

I had a delicious steak today [AAA grade, in fact] and I don't feel like a murderer. Though the cow was probably cute and gentle, as cows are, he was obviously to delicious to keep alive.

My mother stood in the cold of our deck to roast the thick meat on our barbecue, and I fried mushrooms in butter and peeled shrimps. I will admit to the sickening nature of my latter job, since the shrimps were still equipped with their crustacean-armor, tail and bug-legs. Peeling them was truly horrid, and the thought of them fried in garlic butter was the only thing that kept me from screaming [truly, if wriggled the right way they almost looked as though they had come alive again].

But together with the steak, mushrooms, a spinach salad and Coca Cola, this was truly a meal of the ages.

No comments:

Post a Comment