17 April 2011

some weekend observations:

  • even if a person is offish at first, as soon as I inform them that I have a job, I will suddenly become "part of the club," and be considered cool and worth-knowing
  • Pearl Jam is a better band than I once thought [on par with Nirvana, even?]
  • selling Amish action-figures at a homeschooling conference is not good for business [though it makes for a hilarious comic strip!]
  • black licorice is delicious
  • reading Dante and Homer only makes you look smart [the activity is truly not as difficult as it sounds]
  • journaling just might be a teensy bit nerdy?
  • checkered Vans are the best and most comfortable shoes [though I may change this opinion once I get TOMS...]
  • an 80s coming-of-age film is only beaten by a good, black-and-white film noir
  • Stephen King is starting to feel criminally overrated [but after The Stand, I'll know for sure]
  • ice tea is a lifesaver!
  • my sister is actually very fun to be around
  • I need to make plans to see people I like, and soon

No comments:

Post a Comment