20 May 2011

Credits, credits, credits.

Because I was oblivious and a homeschooler, I only recently comprehended the glory which Alberta diplomas have to offer. Upon bringing up the idea of acquiring one to my mum, she, being careful to shy away from other more gung-ho homeschooling mums, she set me up with THE SYSTEM and my credit-count began. Now, having started so late in my credit-collecting [I currently have a total of 5, with 95 more required] I have been thrust into the stressful realm of PRESSURE. I do not want to be 21 and just finishing highschool curriculum! Indeed, completing over 15 courses will take me a while, but my goal is to work steadily enough as to finish just after [or a little before] I turn 20. GAH! SO LITTLE TIME!

I'm already feeling the awful effects of having to work on several subjects at once in less than half the usual amount of time given to public schooled kids. IT'S PAINFUL. I don't seem to have any time for myself, my friends, or my books anymore!

All the same, I will have an Alberta diploma at the end of it, which will make getting into a university a lot easier. I mean, homeschooling is wonderful and I don't regret having been involved in it or anything, but it certainly has its downfalls once post-secondary swings around. Imagine wrangling with portfolios and upgrading and spending forced years at a Bible college when all you needed was a piece of paper! Luckily, my mum is less a public-system hater and more a lover of practicality, and I have escaped such counter-productive messing about. HUZZAH!

So for now, with my social life and loyalties to classical homeschooling languishing, I study what THE SYSTEM wants to teach me.

1 comment:

  1. Do you really want to waste all that time? You can get in with a measly five 30-levels, as long as they meet your program requirements. One or two semesters at NAIT, upgrading, and you're done.

    ReplyDelete