07 December 2011

one week in

































Last week, Dec 1, we decorated the house for Christmas. It was great fun. As usual, I was in charge of setting up the tree itself, mum put on the lights, Lana set up the candles and the ornaments, and Bing sang to us about holly jolliness as we did so. Christmas preparation is the most delightful tradition of my household.

The above picture is a shot of the coffee table beside my favorite film-watching chair. Pictured, you can see my Charlie Brown Christmas tree, a mug of chai tea, and the last ball of my second scarf (its pearly-pink, extremely soft, and will be gifted to my Grandmother). I have a plum scarf to whip up after Grandma's is finished and I am still considering whether or not to swap Lana's pomegranite one with the plum? I'm invisioning the latter to go better with the eyes of that sister of mine... but we'll see.

Anyways, I am very excited for Christmas! I've already had three peppermint hot chocolates from Starbucks this month (a seasonal drink I wait all year for), finished all of my Christmas shopping, and I've been singing The First Noel and Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas to myself ever since the tree went up. I think it's going to be a wonderful Yuletide this year (I don't know, but that may have something to do with the fact that I can drink acoholic egg nog at last?) and my cousins from British Columbia are coming over for it for the first time since our ages added a number. There will be much hijinks going down this year, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment