06 July 2012

the afternoon skirt

A week or so ago, after Lizzie unexpectedly sent me this wonderful skirt tutorial, I immediately left my sociology book and bowl of grapes and set to work at my Elna 5200. 


I knew that I had two meters of printed cotton left over from another project, and it happened to be precisely the amount I needed.


It was good just to work, not thinking about everything else that I "should" have been doing. Sewing was all I wanted to do. 


I measured, cut, ruffled, basted, stitched, pressed, and hemmed. Hours passed.


After so many months of ignoring my sewing machine, we had again established our dearly held relationship. By the time I closed the last seam, I couldn't stop smiling. 
 

An entire pot of Orange Pekoe and three Black Keys albums later, I was finished. 

2 comments: